Monday, July 30, 2012

Yay for Finished Projects!!


  So, I recently finished a sign for the awesome Project 3 Gaming Store, and I thought I’d share some photos of the process:
  Angry sign ish Angry! -_-  Anywho: The first thing I tackled was measuring everything out and blocking in the platforms, so I could set the characters in later.
 Then I spray painted the background, after I masked off the platforms.  It only took about two hours of official "spray painting the background" but I did a bunch of practice and tryouts before hand to figure out where the worlds and nebula should go.

  Then I masked off all of the characters and the phone number.  I sprayed everything with a base of white, so that the other colors would stand out a lot more against the background.
  And here is the finished sign! 

  It was spray painted onto a 3’x4’ piece of plywood, and then clear coated.  It was a lot of fun, and I look forward to doing more signs like this.  You can check out their store on Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/project3gaming
or stop by, they're located on Hwy 101 across from Ocean Pulse.

  Since spray paints are pretty toxic, I am going to be bringing out my Paasche airbrush and painting signs with that to save my lungs and the ecosystem.  I did a lot of airbrush in high school and am much more comfortable with that.
 
  I had promised to show the critique from Manga University; however they sent it to me in .pdf so I’m unable to upload it.  I did get a grade of 90%.  Here is the picture I sent in:

   She is supposed to be a servant girl of the Roman Era.  Overall, I’m pretty pleased with the course, but I do wish that they would have given me a more thorough critique.  (They only referenced to making my character more fluid, and face the viewer.)  My favorite part of the course was getting assignments each week, and the specialty pen and notebook.  What would you critique on my character?

   I also finally created a Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/kristen.thompson.96387  So please swing by and click the like button^.^
   
 Now I am working even more so on characters and projects.  If you have any requests I’d love to here them.

                                                                           Signing Off,
                                                                           Iverson Design

1 comment:

  1. My favorite one is the spray-painted one. Good Work!
    -Your freelancer from the Caterpillar book.

    ReplyDelete