Sunday, March 11, 2012

Testing... Testing... 123...

Is this thing on?  *Scuffle, pat pat pat, scuffle scuffle, eeeeeeek!*

...Sorry... *giggle*

Hello, my name is Kristen, and I'm writing this blog to... *sigh* (that sounds weird... let's try this again)

  Welcome to the Chronicles of Kristen!
Lol, ok, maybe this isn't a feature film. Hmm... Well, here goes nothing...
First to tell you a little bit about me:

  I'm a wife, a merchandiser, and a marketing executive, and I am writing this blog to chronicle my adventures as I pursue a career in freelance illustration, graphic novel, and cute comics.
  Recently, I have set myself a goal of sketching daily, and coming up with at least one finished illustration every other day.  I have been succeeding, and even on the days I determine as days off, I can't help but think up ideas of techniques and designs.  You'll see that my style ranges from reality to comic, and the mediums I use are a mixture of mechanical pencil, watercolors, acrylics, pen & ink, copics, and digital.
  Now that I've set a good foundation of drawing regularly I realize what is a graphic novel without a well written story?  Blogging is much different than writing a novel, but it does cause you to practice the fundamentals of writing, such as outlines, grammar, paragraph and sentence structure, and spelling.
  So, here I am setting another goal to write at least every other day, and include my latest illustrations.  I will also try to include what I've learned with each art piece.

  To start off here is an art piece I finished yesterday:

It started off as a practice for horse anatomy, but then I decided that instead of doing a traditional black and white, to try doing a reverse image.  It was a lot of fun!  It took about 2 hours at most, and was rendered on Paint Tool Sai with my Wacom Cintiq 12UX.

  I look forward to getting feedback, and if you have any requests, suggestions, or critiques, I would love to hear them.
                                                                                                                     Signing off,
                                                                                                                     Iverson Designs

3 comments:

  1. I tried to say something a while ago and - never mind. I was happy to see you today. I've been working with WordPress. Glad you are able to do this kind of thing now. It wasn't available when I was younger. Boo hoo. I like that negative image above. Do you work in 3D? Anime stuff?

    I have been trying to get into this social stuff and find I'm so busy that I don't follow up. Later ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to work 3D a little. I do a lot of anime, in ink, Photoshop, and Paint Tool Sai.
      I'll post some more of my recent pics soon.

      I'm not very good with this social stuff either, lol. Laters.

      Delete
  2. Errrgh. I find that I go in circles when making a comment. Anyway.

    Great! Can't wait to see 'em. (Of course, I CAN wait, but you know...............) smile

    ReplyDelete